While participating in events held or sponsored by YOUTH UNLIMITED AND YFC GREATER VANCOUVER (collectively and individually referred to as “YU/YFC”), social distancing must be practiced and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) worn at all times to reduce risks of exposure to COVID-19. Because COVID-19 has been declared as a global pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO) and is highly contagious, spreading mainly through person-to-person contact, YU/YFC has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. However, YU/YFC cannot guarantee that its participants, members, directors, officers, leaders, volunteers, agents and/or employees, or others in attendance will not be infected with COVID-19.
In light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, individuals who fall within any of the categories below should not engage in YU/YFC activities, events or programs. By attending a YU/YFC activity, event of program, you certify that you do not fall into any of the following categories:
1. Individual shows any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, new muscle aches or headaches, sore throat.
2. Individual has travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
3. Individual is a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19.
4. Individual has received a positive COVID-19 test.
PREVENTATIVE MEASURES: (Measures subject to change with BC Health regulations over time)
1. Participants will have access to hand sanitizer and be required to wash or sanitize hands before participating in the program, event or activity, and/or upon arrival in the building.
2. Participants will maintain a physical distance of 6-feet with those who are not a part of their household.
3. Participants, members, directors, officers, leaders, volunteers, agents and/or employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when indoors (provided by themselves or by YU/YFC).
4. Indoor seating will be fixed 6-feet apart.
5. Indoor meeting areas/vehicles will be sanitized after use.
6. When travelling in vehicles, only one person will be allowed per row of seating, and driver will open and close the vehicle doors
7. Participants will provide contact information for each activity, program or event and sign off on the following questions:
a. Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 2 weeks: fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, new muscle aches or headaches or sore throat? Yes, or No.
b. Have you travelled to any countries outside of Canada (including the United States) within the last 14 days? Yes, or No.
c. Did you provide care or have close contact with a person with a confirmed COVID-19 case? Yes, or No.
d. If yes to any of the above questions, you are required to return home to contact Health authorities.
DUTY TO SELF-MONITOR
Participants, members, directors, officers, leaders, volunteers, agents and/or employees, agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19, and contact YU/YFC if they experience symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days after participating in an activity, program or event with YU/YFC.
If any participants, members, directors, officers, leaders, volunteers, agents and/or employee tests positive during the duration of an activity, event or program, in-person programming will be cancelled for two weeks and Fraser Health will be contacted to conduct contact tracing and carry out self-isolation guidelines.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK: I acknowledge and understand the following:
1. Participation includes possible exposure to illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Related Parties; and
3. I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm and loss associated with the Activity, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Related Parties.